April 27, 2014

K-R-O-G-E-R

When I moved to Indy I really didn’t know anything about it. One of the most important questions when you move to a place is where you go grocery shopping. During undergrad I just went where my roommates were going since I didn’t have a car. If Owen was driving, I went to Smiths. If Mike, then Maceys. When I moved here I had a few options including Kroger and Marsh. I found out Kroger actually owns Smiths so I decided to go with that.

I really like Kroger for a few reasons.

  1. 1.       You can use your smith’s card there so I never had to get a new card.
  2. 2.       You earn points that get you discounts on gas. Given the expensive price of gas these days that really makes a difference.
  3. 3.       Most of the time, when they have things on sale they are cheaper than Walmart.
  4. 4.       They reward loyalty. Since I have shopped with them for so long, they now send me coupons in the mail that are very impressive, most of the time they include free coupons or five dollar off coupons. The mail coupons are also specifically tailored to me based on what I buy. They also have a free Friday digital coupon that you can use as well.


The most important reason though is because Kroger is willing to go to places that other low cost retailers aren’t. If you go to the rough parts of Indianapolis you will not find any Walmarts or Targets. Besides Kroger, you find a lot of Family Dollar and Dollar Generals. I think those stores are overpriced and take advantages of the poor people in the surrounding neighborhoods. Kroger is the only reasonable choice. They also give back to the community and hire people from there as well. That’s why I’m all about Kroger!

No comments:

Post a Comment