April 13, 2014

Day of Rest

I started this blog as part of an ongoing assignment for a New Testament class I was taking at BYU with Dr. Holzapfel. He really was ahead of the times in requiring us to get religious on the internet given the explosion of social media in the past couple of years.

Throughout law school I've had a no homework policy on Sundays. I think it's important to not only keep the Lord's day holy, but also just allow myself to have a break from it all. I've been incredibly blessed. Some of my best performances on final exams have been when the exam was held on Monday morning. I think it's important that no matter what the circumstance in life that we keep perspective of the truly important things in life. My Sabbath observance is just one way I try to do that. 27 days.

1 comment: