April 12, 2014

A Show About Nothing

29 days to go. In law school you have to take time to do fun things or you would go crazy. We like to call these “mental health” time or days. For me, most of the time it’s hanging out with friends or going to the movies. This Friday though I decided to step it up a notch.

It has been a lifelong dream of mine to see Jerry Seinfeld in person. I was a huge fan of his show and I’ve always enjoyed him when he is on Letterman or Leno. A couple weeks back I got my tax return and I found out that Jerry was coming to Indy. It seemed like a good idea to spend the extra cash on.



I went with my friend Amanda Cannon and we headed down to the Murat. It’s a really cool theater and I’ve always wanted to go inside. I used to live a block away, but never had the chance to go inside. It had a nice old feel to it. The only confusing part was the seat numbering. The numbers were written on the arm rests which made it difficult to figure out which seat was which number. It was amazing at the confusion that could cause. Other than that there were plenty of ushers to help people.

He had an opening act: Larry Miller. Yeah it wasn’t the former Jazz owner resurrected from the dead. He played the dad in “10 Things I Hate About You.” He was pretty good. Talked a lot about baseball.
 
Literally as soon as he walked off, Jerry walked on. I’m not going to lie, I kind of got chills. He brought his presence right away. He just does nothing wrong. His timing. His facial expressions. He has a little bit of physical aspects in the mix as well. Very funny His greatest talent though is just looking at the absurdities of everyday life. Why do we do the things we do that when examined are actually ridiculous. All in all, it was well worth the wait. I’m glad I was able to cross this off my bucket list
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment