May 16, 2012

Charleston Chew

Today we started off with breakfast at Glazed. It's a gourmet donut shop. It was so good. I had a glazed bacon donut. I had always been afraid to try a bacon donut, but it was really good. It not only had bacon on top, but in the dough as well. In a way it's just like having bacon with pancakes. I also had a chocolate raspberry turnover. The raspberry icing was great. You could tell it was made with real raspberries and there were real raspberries inside as well. So delicious. I highly recommend this place.







After that we headed over to Fort Sumter. It's pretty cool. We had to take a half-hour boat ride out to it. It was cool to see the place where the Civil War began. Not that the war itself was a cool thing. The Union pretty much ceded it pretty quickly and then spent the next three years trying to get it back.

After that, my mom wanted a hot dog. I did a quick google search and found that there was a popular hot dog place not that far away. It's a tradition to always find a good hot dog place and post about it on this blog. Provo has J-Dawgs. Boston has Spike's. Indianapolis has King David Dogs. Charleston has Jack's Cosmic Dogs. It was good. I don't think it's better than a J-Dawg or Spike's, but it is certainly up there. The fries were excellent. Boardwalk fries like and fresh. I got a chili-cheese dog that was delicious. The atmosphere was great as well.


Those were the major highlights of the day. On to Savannah tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. You made me hungry. I didn't realize you were a foodie.
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete