May 15, 2012

Obama's Fried Chicken

Today we woke up and went and saw one of the oldest and biggest oak trees in the world. The Angel Oak Tree is over a 1000 years old and is super huge. They have supports to hold up its branches so they don't break. It's just outside of Charleston and a really nice drive on John's Island.


After a quick stop at the golden arches for breakfast we were on our way to the Boone Hall plantation. It's essentially a replica of what a real plantation would look like. It was cool. They had a main house and then the slave quarters. Neat to see what a plantation would have looked like.

Then we came back to the hotel. I had an interview over the phone with Enerdel's legal department. The lady completely forgot about it, but I called her and we were able to chat. I think it went well and I have a follow up interview next Thursday. That means I'll have to cut my vacation a little bit short, but hopefully it will give me something to do this summer.

Then we went to dinner at Jestine's Kitchen for dinner. It came highly recommended. It was a really small, old-fashioned place. They had glass soda bottles and something almost as rare: glass ketchup bottles. You rarely see those anymore. The first amazing thing was they had cucumber salad. I only had that in Hungary before. It was really good though for being in America. I had fried chicken with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese.


Everything was excellent. Good, but not super greasy which was very surprising. My mom had ham which was also excellent. For dessert we had peach-blueberry cobbler topped with ice cream. That was great as well.


All in all it was a good day. On our way to the oak tree we saw a bumper sticker that I really liked. I agree!

2 comments:

  1. The big tree is beautiful!!! Peach-blueberry cobbler - Yummy! Funny bumper sticker. Good luck with the second interview! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
    Tammi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will need to find that bumper sticker for my dad. Good luck with your interview!

    ReplyDelete