August 19, 2012

Pigging Out

Today was the most important day of the trip. The only reason I really came out. The Royal Wedding. The wedding of one of my Best Friends---G. Michael Eddington. Owen and I headed to the Salt Lake Temple and got there plenty early. It was a much better experience than I anticipated. So many people get married at the Salt Lake Temple that I thought it would be a lot like cattle herding. Anyway, it wasn't like that at all. The ceremony was really nice. After it was over, we waited for the couple to come out of the doors. They looked really happy!


The picture that I am most proud of though, is this candid that I took. I think it turned out really well.


Anyway, it was a good time. Owen and I were starving by the end. I had gotten a Groupon for Pat's BBQ (featured on the Food Network--DDD). So we headed down there. Really good. I had pulled pork and beef brisket with a side of red beans and rice. It was great. Really tender meat with a nice smoky flavor. I highly recommend it.



After that, we went back to the apartment so we could recover. At around 7 we headed to the Mariott downtown for the Reception. It was legit. Really nice. They had some good food. Make your own sliders, plus three types (squash, mushroom and cheese) of deep fried ravioli. It was epic. The desserts and punch were really good too. Probably the best chocolate covered strawberries I have ever had!



It was fun to visit with a lot of my friends: the Steeles, Lauren, the Jakemans and Elizabeth too. In a lot of ways it was a microcosm of sorts of the past seven years of my life. Crazy!

It was  a great day. I'm really happy for Mike and Brooke. They are really great people and they will be really happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment