August 19, 2012

Partay in Provo

My trip to Utah started Wednesday night. I arrived in Salt Lake at around 10pm. Owen picked me up. We went back to his place for a couple of minutes. The first thing I saw as we walked down the stairs to his apartment was this:


I told him if that was his apartment I didn't think Iwould be able to stay with him. Luckily it wasn't. Then we met up with his "Southern Belle" and we headed to Del Taco for some shakes. I also had a taco and churro. The taco definitely better than Taco Time, but certainly not as good as Taco Bell. After we got back from Del Taco we spent the whole night hanging out, swapping stories with one another. It was fun to finally meet Hailey (aka Southern Belle) and finally get to know the person behind the random texts.

The next morning we slept in a little. After we ate and got ready, we cruised on down to Provo. We went on the Alpine Loop. It's this scenic drive. I had never been so I was glad we got to do that. Then we went on  a hike to Stewart Falls. I heard that it was really pretty and a relatively easy hike. Well, I wouldn't call it easy, but it was definitely nice.



After we hiked back to the car, we made a quick stop to the Riv. A long time ago when I created my EBAY account, I used my Riv address. Well, I recently ordered a Jimmer poster on EBAY, but I forgot to change my default shipping address. So, it got delivered to the Riv. Luckily they kept it for me and I was able to pick it up. We got a quick bite to eat at J-Dawgs. Maybe the best hot dog on the planet?

After that we went and visited J-Money and his wife Andrea. It was kind of unannounced, but they were gracious hosts and let us in. They also let us wash our legs off, which were really dirty from the hike. We had a nice little visit. It was really good to see them. Then we made a quick stop at the BYU bookstore. It was really nice to walk on Campus again. It really is one of the prettiest college campuses in the nation. I bought my dad and I some game day shirts for when we go to the BYU vs. Notre Dame game in October. I can't wait.

Then we headed to Terre Mia. It's a casual Italian Restaurant. It was really good. I had the Pasta Terre Mia. It had a little bit of everything in it including sausage and Eggplant. Owen had some pesto stuff. It was really good and a lot more affordable than the Olive Garden.



After that we went to Deseret Book. I got some good books and a David Archuleta CD for a wedding present. We had fun wasting some time. Then we went over to my California Babe's house for some brownies and ice cream in honor of her Fiancee's birthday. It was really good to catch up with her. I'm really happy that she is happy and getting married to a really nice guy.

Then we made the drive from Provo to Salt Lake. Not really that exciting. The next morning when I got up though I noticed a really weird blister on my ankle. I looked at it and didn't know what to make of it. It looked like dried glue from a hot glue gun. I asked Owen what he thought it was. Apparently its a blister that you get from a certain type of beetle. All they have to do is touch you and not even bite you. I don't think it will hurt me. I just hope that it goes away soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment