August 17, 2012

Perks

Wednesday was my last official day as a Summer Intern at EnerDel. I had a great experience there. I wasn't expecting a lot out of this summer as far as internships were concerned, but EnerDel changed all that. I learned a lot about the basics of business. I got to sit in on a lot of meetings to see how a business operates. I got to interact with a lot of lawyers. I got to draft some contracts which is a fun thing by the way. I learned how to make "sausage." The most important thing I learned probably is how to be lawyer. Seeing the way Karen and Dave perform their duties really opened my eyes about how lawyers should conduct themselves in a professional setting. From big things like how to renew your license with the state to small things like not getting the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday durin a business lunch. It was also great because it came with a lot of perks.

The first perk was the water drawer. There was always water there for me so I didn't get dehydrated. It was nice to know that I would never go thirsty!


The second perk was the communal snack drawer. Mostly this served as our after lunch chocolate fix. I was always nice to know that we had some snacks if I was ever hungry.


Third perk was my own desk. It was a really nice desk with a lot of drawers and space for me to make a mess.


Finally, the nicest perk was lunch. My boss Karen took me to lunch all the time. It was really nice of her and I really appreciated it. As a last hurrah she took me out to a really fancy restaurant downtown called Palimino. It was really good. Anyway, the lunches were always a good chance to talk about law and non-law stuff. She also would have lunches with other lawyers to help my network skills and better understand other positions in the legal field.

So it was a great experience. The good news is, I will be working part-time there afte labor day. I am very pleased and look forward to learning more!

No comments:

Post a Comment