August 19, 2012

Partay in Layton

Friday I was pretty much on my own because Owen was doing some reseach at the U of U and I would not be caught dead or alive on that campus. I woke up, got ready and headed out the door. Since I didn't have a car I decided to use the TRAX (aka Light Rail). America really doesn't know how to do Transportation, but I think Utah has done a really good job at it. I went to Target to get wedding presents for two weddings. It was fun. Then with all of my bags I got back on the TRAX do check out City Creek.

City Creek is this new shopping center that the Church recently built. It is essentially trying to bring the outdoors inside in a really ritzy shopping environment. Well, it was impressive. They did a really good job at it. I hope it will be successful. I just really don't know how well stores like Tiffany's and Nordstrom are going to do in Utah.



They have a really nice food court though. I went to Bocata. It's this artisan sandwich place. They make their bread right in front of you. I got their meatball sandwhich. It is probably the best meatball sandwich/sub that I have ever had. It had carmelized onions, provolone cheese and creme fraisch on it. It was really good. It tasted nice and fresh. Really good!




Then upstairs they had a Kneader's. I had been there for their French Toast, but never had their Brownies, so I decided to give it a try. It was delicious. Not super sweet, but still a brownie. I also had a fruit tart t make me think I was having something healthy.



After that, I headed to Owen's Apartment. When he got home, we headed up the road to Layton for a former roommate's wedding reception. It was fun. They had make your own sundaes and chocolate covered strawberries.



The cake feeding got really interesting. After smacking it each other's face they had a real quick make out session, which was pretty intense. The dances were also pretty emotional as well. They picked some really good songs. Anyway, it was a good time!




No comments:

Post a Comment