July 15, 2009

Saturday with the Steeles

So Saturday was another fun day hanging out in western New York. We all kind of slept in which felt really good. I had cereal for breakfast. It was a new kind that I had never heard of. It was Rice Krispies, but they were extra big. They were pretty good. Check them out. Then it started to pour down rain. Savannah and I went on a trip to Wegmans. 20 packages of blueberries later we emerged victorious. After we dropped of the goods, we went to a graduation party for one of Savannah’s friend. There I got to experience a staple of western New York: salt potatoes. It’s basically potatoes boiled in salt water and then when they are done they cover them in more salt and butter. They were amazingly delicious.



Then I dropped off Savannah at “the Hill” and I went exploring. Thanks to Danielle (my dad’s GPS thing) I ended up at the Erie Canal. I sat on a bench and wrote some post cards for a couple of hours. The weather was amazing. It really was a beautiful site and great day to be out there.

>
Then I went back to “the Hill” to wait for the Pageant to start. Rosemary came around and asked for a referral. I’m sad to report that I didn’t giver her one. Sorry, but I am a really bad member missionary. It’s something I’m working on. Then Pageant started. It was pretty normal until Samuel the Lamanite came on stage and started prophesying about thunder and earthquakes. Well, they came along with rain. By the time I got back to my car I was soaked. After that they canceled the rest of the show. We went to Munch and Mingle and then went home and straight to bed, which felt really good.


No comments:

Post a Comment