July 17, 2009

Is It Over Already

Monday was a really exciting day. I woke up late as usual. We just kind of hung around in the morning. I went out to my car to straighten up the trunk and accidentally locked the keys in the trunk. Thank goodness for AAA. Two hours later the guy arrived and broke into my car so I could open my trunk and get the keys. I can be such a scatter brain sometimes.



In the afternoon we made our way to Palmyra. Savannah and I did some sight seeing. We went to the sacred grove and the Smith family home. The grove was especially pretty. The weather was perfect. We also discovered a stone fence, which both of us had never seen before. That was pretty cool. After that we went to see Alvin’s gravestone. That made me wonder why they always put cemeteries on hills.



Then we went and picked up a really good pizza for dinner. It was a buffalo chicken and blue cheese pizza. We then went back to the hill and ate our pizza. I pretty much inhaled it because it was really good.



Then they had the cast talent show. That was a lot of fun. They had a lot of good and funny acts. Synchronized Swimming. Primary children doing the twist and shout. A lot of singing acts. I thought one of the best was a tribute to John Williams.



After the talent show and munch and mingle we went back to the Steele estate. Savannah and I snuck into her dad’s office to try and fax something. We weren’t exactly sure if it worked. Hopefully it did. Then I e-mailed some pictures to myself and went to bed. It was a really fun trip. I’m glad I had the chance to see the pageant which was really amazing and spend some time with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment