February 4, 2013

Happy Holy Super Bowl Sabbath

I am a Baltimore Ravens fan. Proud Ravens fan to say the least. Since the Ravens tend to make it to the Super Bowl once a decade I decided to go all out. I have been wearing purple to church all during the playoffs. Today I got some friends to wear purple as well.


I also decided to have a Super Bowl party as well. Of course the most important part is the menu. It starts on what you serve the food on. I was able to get purple items and official Super Bowl items at Party City.

 
 
As an appetizer I made the Randall Family Cheese Bowl. I won't tell you what is in it because you might be grossed out. It is so delicious. Very rich, but a good combination with the bread. I had to go store bought on the bread. Mike Eddington and his homemade bread bowls were sorely missed.
 
 
 
My guests also brought some appetizers---buffalo chicken dip and cheese ball (coated in BACON). They were both great. Needless to say we didn't go hungry.
 



For the main course we had Red Beans and Rice (since the game was in NOLA). I had honestly not made rice that wasn't the boil-in-bag variety. It wasn't super bad, but it could have been better. It came out a little spicy, but other than that it was pretty good.

 
 
For dessert we had another Cheese ball---cream cheese, powdered sugar and chocolate chips. Really delicious and cupcakes. Ironically enough my mom made cupcakes too. Her's probably took the cake, but mine were a valiant effort.
 
 
 
Anyway, it was a stressful game. I'm glad my guests put up with my screaming throughout the game. I hope their eardrums are still in tact. I thought it was poetic justice that the defense, led by Ray Lewis for the past 17 years won it for the Ravens. What a great way to end a career. Flacco made it one step closer to becoming an elite quarterback---my happiest moments were when he got sacked without fumbling the ball.
 
Still disappointed with Shannon Sharpe. Why did he choose the 49ers? He needs to show a little more loyalty towards a team that he was on. I can understand him picking Denver, but New England and the 49ers? Really? He ought to be ashamed of himself. Even Coach Cower picked the Ravens. If the Miami Dolphins had made it to the Super Bowl would Dan Marino had picked the other team? No!
 
Anyway, all of the Purple Sundays and Fridays were worth the effort. As Ray says: "When you sacrifice something for God he will give you any thing your heart desires of it is in line with his will." Go Ravens!
 



1 comment: