July 4, 2012

Won't You Take Me Down To Chinatown

Monday we went to visit Chinatown. I felt like a really important visitor because the last time the Barnes family had visited Chinatown was twenty years ago. It's the 4th largest in America. It was pretty neat.


It was really hot, but don't worry they had plenty of water to quench our thirst.


We ate a really good restaurant. We had a really good sampling of a lot of Chinese food. My favorite was definitely the pork buns. Really delicious. After lunch we caught the water taxi to head up to the Water Tower again so we could check out the American Doll Girl store. And when I say we, I mean Owen's nieces. It was a really nice ride with a great view of the skyline.


Me taking a picture of Brigham taking a picture:



After exploring for a while, we took a much more uneventful ride back to Oak Park on the L. For dinner we went to this Chicken and Waffle place.



I had never had Chicken and Waffles before and I was really excited. Needless to say I was not let down. I always pictured having chicken and waffles smothered with gravy. Apparently though that is not the case, you just use syrup and butter. I had Carol's Treat and it was a treat indeed. I think everyone really enjoyed what they ate.


After dinner, I made the drive back to Indy. All in all it was a good early fourth of July celebration. I'm so grateful to the Barnes family for their hospitality and having me as their guest for the weekend. They are awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment