July 4, 2012

Love the Life You Live

With my job, my ability to just leave town isn't as easy as it normally is. My boss is nice though, and let me have Monday off so I could spend the weekend in Chicago with one of my really good friends from BYU. I left Friday evening and rode the 3 hours to Oak Park (a suburb of Chicago). I pretty much went straight to bed. We woke up early on Saturday and headed out to the Bongo Room for breakfast. We got there before they opened and there was a line of thirty people on the sidewalk. I got pancakes again. This time Raspberry Oreo. They were so delicious.


After Breakfast Owen and I went for a walk around town. We ended up at Millennium Park again. It was a lot nicer with out all of the Irish. We got to see spitting fountains, the cool bridge and Buckingham Fountain this time. It was really nice.

One of my "dreams" has been to visit the Magnificent Mile. You always hear it at the end of Oprah when she is talking about the hotel where her guests stay "in the heart of Chicago's magnificent mile." We walked down Michigan Avenue which is the Magnificent Mile. It was nice, but not really all that much to write home about. They had nice shops. Owen got some clothes at the Gap. I got a cubs T-Shirt. We went to the lego store. It was a nice place, but nor really something that I would need to see again.

Then we headed back to Oak Park on the L. It was quite an experience. This loud teenager got on after a couple of stops. He kept talking about "Live the life you love" and his friend kept saying "No! It's love the life you live." Owen and I were real confused. These two girls in front of us kept laughing. We wanted to laugh too, because he kept singing hip hop songs and also saying some really crazy things. After he got off, we had a good laugh with the girls in front of us. We also found out where he kept saying the live your life stuff. It was on the girl's shirt who was sitting in front of us!



After walking past Owen's high school we headed back to Owen's house. Then we just kind of chilled for a couple of hours until dinner. We had Chicago Deep Dish and thing crust pizza. It was really good. It wasn't fom Gino's East, but it was still pretty good.


After dinner, it was sidewalk chalk time. Walker, Owen's nephew who is close to 18 months enjoyed eating it more than drawing. Owen was commissioned to draw pictures of his nieces and nephews. He did a pretty good job if you ask me.


After that a group of us decided to go see "Moonrise Kingdom." It's Wes Anderson's lastest film. Brigham, Corey, Brother and Sister Barnes really enjoyed it. We went to the Lakw, which is Oak Park's theater. It was only 8 dollars. I thought that was a steal for a movie in Chicago. It was a good film. A little quirky, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment