May 21, 2010

Jeramy Does Dallas

So, I applied for an internship with Southwest Airlines in their legal department back in March. I hadn’t heard anything and I just thought they didn’t want me. Then I got a phone call to set up an interview the beginning of May. The phone interview went well apparently, because they invited me to come to Dallas at their expense. So I left Thursday afternoon, ready to conquer Dallas!



I had an awesome driver to the Airport in Conner Castagno (a former Mission Comp).



My first stop was in New Mexico. I had never been there before. I’m going to be honest and say it didn’t look that exciting. This statue was cool though.



After another hour and a half flight, I arrived in Dallas. It was a smaller airport, but super crowded. I got my luggage and caught a shuttle to my hotel, which was way nice.



I then decided to explore Downtown Dallas. I was originally going to take a cab, but they were super expensive, so I took the Bus instead. Luckily, the Bus Driver was really cool and helped me get to where I needed to be. Being the Poli-Sci major that I am, I went to the JFK memorial in the square where he got shot.



After finding my way back to the Hotel on the Bus, I went to bed. I woke up super early because I didn’t want to over sleep. After getting ready and eating breakfast, I got a shuttle to Southwest Headquarters.



When I arrived I had to give them a ton of paperwork that they wanted (transcripts, letters of recommendation, essay, applications). After a while, I went in for my interview. They interview candidates in teams. My team was made up of three people. It was Karen from HR (she is the one that I had the phone interview with) and two people from the legal department with whom I would be working. They asked all of the normal questions and I think it went pretty well. After my interview, I went to the Airport to catch a plane back to Salt Lake. My flight went from Dallas to Tulsa to Denver and finally to Salt Lake. Owen, was super awesome and gave me a ride home. I was grateful for that.

Overall, it was an awesome experience. Texas was amazing. That was my first time in the Lonestar State and I was impressed. All of the people I met were super nice. All of the people at Southwest were so incredibly nice. It would be awesome to work for them. Even if I don’t get it though, it was still a beneficial experience!

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you went to Dallas! It sounds like fun. I was also really excited that you flew through Tulsa to get there. How's your summer treating you other than Dallas and Smashburger, etc?

    ReplyDelete