November 26, 2009

Buns and Pies of Steele

My roommate Steven and I decided that we would have our own Thanksgiving this year because he got a free turkey from NuSkin. I pretty much knew how to make everything except the pies and the most important part of the Thanksgiving meal: the rolls. At least that is what my mom says is the most important part of the meal. So I recruited the help of my friend to help me make rolls for our feast. When I say help, i mean handing Savannah Steele the ingredients so she could make them. She did a really fine job too.



The pies went well too. They now make a pie ready pumpkin stuff which makes making pumpkin pie a lot more easier and it is gluten free for all of you people with celiac disease out there (1 in 133 people are born with it).



We made Pumpkin and Pecan Pies. Notice the foil covering which I thought were really amazing considering I was trying to get strips to put around the edges. The baked really nicely and the crusts did not burn!



Anyway it was a fun evening and Thanksgiving should be great tomorrow as well. Some people from the ward are going to join us and so is my cousin from Maryland so it should be a really fun day. I can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! :) I had lots of fun. I'm glad to see that the pie crusts didn't burn... I hope they didn't shrink too much either. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner!

    THANKS FOR BEING AWESOME!

    PS- My word verification is "redspa"...Which I think is really neat. Hahaha. I'm such a goof.

    ReplyDelete