June 29, 2009

The King Of Pop Who Paved The Way

In the past couple of days there has been a lot of news coverage about the death of Michael Jackson. Personally, I think that it is a little much. His body wasn't even cold before they had specials on TV about his life. The only music on the radio is Michael Jackson. He was a good singer, but he also was a creeper. The only memory that comes to my mind is my ninth grade Algebra 2 teacher Mrs. Ricks. She wasn’t the best teacher (I got a bad feeling in my stomach everyday I went into her class I disliked the class so much), but she was fun to be around in a crazy sort of way. She also had an obsession with Michael Jackson. She would always tell us how much she liked him and how he was “The King of Pop Who Paved the Way.” I definitely remember a day before a holiday where we did nothing but watch Michael Jackson’s comeback concert that was just on TV (How many comebacks can one person have?). Oh the fun times of wasting time in High School.

So, in memory of Michael Jackson one of my best friend’s brother decided that people should wear white socks to honor him and his legacy. So I did, which was a real sacrifice considering I wear flip flops all year long. You’ll be missed MJ. Thanks for “paving the way.”

1 comment:

  1. Yep, sure is a creeper. Like Melissa and Savannah. ;-)

    ReplyDelete